Registration is now open for the NGA Glass Conference: February 2021, taking place via Zoom on Tuesday, February 9, 2021.
The NGA Glass Conference: February 2021 will include two sessions on future implications of the latest codes and standards development. The 6th annual Fun Run/Walk will be hosted virtually, allowing attendees to encourage one another and engage in friendly competition. In addition, volunteer leaders will be recognized during an online happy hour at the conclusion of the day.
In-Depth Technical & Code Review
NGA’s advocacy & technical services team will share updates to energy, green building, fire, safety and structural building codes, and share new information about the glass and glazing standards that affect the industry. This insightful and informative session will provide facts and future projections enabling companies to adapt their R&D and sales tactics. Architects can earn 1.5 AIA LUs|HSW. See more information in the schedule below.
Members and non-members are welcome and encouraged to attend. NGA members save on registration.
Complimentary with promo code
Schedule (Subject to Change)
10:30 am ET
6th Annual Fun Run/Walk Group Photo on Zoom
The 6th annual Fun Run/Walk is taking place virtually this year! Register early to ensure you receive your swag on time. Look for more instructions on how to participate soon.
11:00 am ET
All sessions on Zoom
11:15 am ET
From NGA President & CEO, Nicole Harris
11:30 am ET
Glass and Glazing Codes Deep Dive - 1.5 AIA LU|HSW
Start the year prepared and well-informed with a deep dive into the most current updates to energy and safety codes and legislation, and an overview of other standard-setting bodies including ASTM and ASHRAE, as well as highlights of NGA Committee activities.
- Understand recent updates to commercial and residential energy and green building codes
- Understand recent updates to fire, safety and structural building codes
- List recent updates to the glass and glazing standards that affect the industry
- Describe how the codes affect fenestration and glazing products
- Tom Culp, Birch Point Consulting
- Nick Resetar, Roetzel & Andress
- Thom Zaremba, Roetzel & Andress
- Urmilla Sowell, NGA
- Karen Wegert, NGA
1:00 pm ET
Enjoy lunch and personal time
3:00 pm ET
Open conversation time
3:30 pm ET
Glazing Design for GSA Building Requirements - 1.0 AIA LU
The General Services Administration (GSA) owns and leases over 376.9 million square feet of space in 9,600 buildings in more than 2,200 communities nationwide. This session will take an in-depth look at the glass and glazing requirements of the GSA, addressing applications for bird-friendly, protective glazing, security glazing, energy and daylighting.
- Interpret P100, Facilities Standard for the Public Service, and how it's applied to design and construction projects
- Examine sustainable policy through federal legislation, executive orders and GSA policy
- Discuss glass and glazing specifically as they relate to the P100 standard and sustainability policy
- Explore the direction of sustainability at the GSA and the next version of P100
Speaker: Lance Davis, AIA, LEED Fellow
4:30 pm ET
Volunteer Celebration Happy Hour
Join us for good conversation and to recognize your peers for their contributions to the association and the industry. A few awards will be given out just for fun as well, in the spirit of volunteers' virtual engagement over the past year. You won't want to miss it.
*company registration includes access for an unlimited number of company attendees; however, sponsored benefits are limited to five individuals from the company registered.
Need help with registration or logging in to the customer dashboard?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (703) 442-4890 ext. 3003.