Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
10950 North Torrey Pines Rd
La Jolla, CA 92037
Thank you for attending NGA's 2020 Annual Conference in La Jolla, California! Review the conference agenda below to find reference materials linked within.
If you have specific questions about items listed that are not linked to documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
12:30pm - 1:30pm: Networking Lunch / New Professionals Beer Break - Scripps Ballroom
All attendees are invited to a networking lunch, with an emphasis on welcoming those new to Annual Conference and/or those relatively new to our industry. We'll address questions on the Association, how to get involved and what to expect at Annual Conference.
1:45pm - 2:45pm: Forming Committee Update - Grande Ballroom D-E
This update is open to all attendees. The Forming Committee represents primary flat glass manufacturers and discusses matters specific to that segment of the supply chain, including LCAs, EPDs and glass recycling.
Feature Presentation: Shattering the Limitations of Glass Recycling, by Patrick Elmore, Infinite Recycled Technologies
3:00pm - 3:45pm: Advocacy Committee - Grande Ballroom D-E [This meeting is open to NGA members and invited guests only.]
The Advocacy Committee seeks ways to enhance the use of glass as a building material through education of code officials, government entities, architects, specifiers and other stakeholders.
3:45pm - 5:15pm: Feature Presentation: Building Better for Birds, a panel presentation with:
- Dr. Christine Sheppard, American Bird Conservancy
- Michael Mesure, FLAP Canada
- Dr. Daniel Klem, Muhlenberg College
6:00pm - 7:00pm: Welcome Reception - Ballroom Terrace/Foyer
Join us for a leisurely outdoor reception to catch up with your peers and friends. The Terrace overlooks Torrey Pines and offers a view of the ocean.
8:30am - 9:30am: Breakfast and NGA & Your Member Experience Presentation
Learn the latest happenings within the Association and what to expect in the coming year for yourself and your company.
9:30am - 12:00pm: Fabricating Committee
- Best Practices for Installed Painted Decorative Glass
- How to View Decorative Products in Interior and Exterior Applications
- Decorative Glazing Manual
- Measuring Color Variance
- Defining an Acceptable Color Variance
- SR: Guidelines for Handling and Cleaning Decorative Glass
- SR: Weatherability of Decorative Glass
- SR: Durability of Decorative Glass
- SR: Durability & Testing of Interior Mounted Decorative Glass
- Green Aspects of Mirror
- PCR-LCA-EPD Update
- Health and Wellness Benefits resource webpage
- ASHRAE vs IECC: Status of code adoptions
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch with ITR Economic Update - Planning with Optimism
The last two years have provided many headlines, but did those headlines help or hinder your business? Presidential politics are fascinating, and we will explore the likely impact, if any, on the near-term economy and what potential election outcomes may mean for our forecast and your world. Our job will be to determine the best course of action for the most important part of the economy – you and your business. We will:
- Look at a system of leading indicators proven to signal cyclical turns in the economy
- Discuss the sectors of the economy that will provide the best opportunities for the next business cycle decline
- Assess interest rate and other financial market trends
- Consider your three-, five-, and seven-year planning needs and and how you should prepare for challenges and opportunities in the 2020s
1:00pm - 5:00pm: Fabricating Committee cont.
- Industry Collaboration Updates
- Presentation: The Transport Rack Problem
6:30pm - 8:30pm: Volunteer Celebration Dinner
This is your opportunity to dress up a little and enjoy a pleasant outdoor cocktail hour and dinner. Volunteers may be recognized for their service to the Association and industry over the past year.
7:00am - 8:00am: 5th Annual Fun Run/Walk
Start your morning on the right foot by participating in NGA's 5th annual Fun Run/Walk! This is a no-pressure activity; no timers or bibs, just an energizing start to the day with your peers.
8:30am - 9:30am: Breakfast and Your Future Targets panel presentation
Gain key insights on "Your Future Targets: How to hit the bullseye in 2030, 2040 and beyond" from three experts in the field.
Panel presentation featuring:
- Tom Culp, Birch Point Consulting
- Steve Selkowitz, LBNL consultant
- Thom Zaremba, Roetzel & Andress
9:30am - 12:00pm: Fabricating Committee
- Compression of Interlayers
- Laminated Deflection Tables
- Marking and Labeling
- Glass Floors and Stairs
- SR: Effects of Moisture, Solvents...
- NGA/FGIA laminating pre-qualification task group
- Protective Glazing
- Protective Glazing 101 AIA presentation
- Bird-Friendly Glass Design Strategies
- Security for Buildings
- School Security Update
- Fire-Rated Glazing
- Feature Presentation: The Versatility of Fire-Rated Glazing, with Devin Bowman, Technical Glass Products
- ANSI Z97.1 in Canada
- Glazing Manual content update
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Technical & Codes Update
Enjoy your meal while hearing from NGA's technical and codes staff on all things glass, including updates to resources, codes and standards that impact your business.
- Energy codes update
- FEMA update
- NGA Advocacy & Technical update
1:00pm - 4:30pm: Fabricating Committee cont.