NGA supports and advocates for policy priorities important to the architectural glass and glazing industry—high-performance glazing and building resiliency, bird-friendly glazing, recycling and the circular economy, school security, and registered apprenticeship programs.
To share how glass is an adaptable, sustainable, energy-efficient, strong, beautiful, safe, and essential building product, NGA developed handouts on these priorities, in an easy one-pager format for legislators and stakeholders. Tell your glass story on the topic(s) important to your company by downloading the following documents.
- Bird-Friendly Glazing in Building Construction
- High-Performance Glazing Promotes Building Resiliency
- School Security: Windows Respond First
- Window Recyclability: Circular Economy
- Registered Apprenticeship Programs
NGA Responses to Requests for Public Comment
- Sept. 25, 2023: Response to RFI for Creating a List of Eligible Decarbonizing Building Materials/Products for Colorado Sales and Use Tax Exemptions
- May 1, 2023: Response to DOE request for information regarding Challenges and Opportunities of Increasing Materials Circularity.
- April 25, 2023: Comment to DOE on Technical Assistance for Latest and Zero Building Energy Code Adoption
- Feb. 9, 2023: Comment to GSA Inflation Reduction Act Low Embodied Carbon Material Standards
- Dec. 5, 2022: Texas Education Agency letter was submitted as public comments and the agency acknowledged receipt. It’s unclear at this time what the next step may be.
- Nov. 4, 2022: Response to IRS request for comments on Definition of Electrochromic Glass for the Inflation Reduction Act
- Nov. 3, 2022: Response to GSA request on low-carbon materials
- May 20, 2022: Response to DOE request for input on Funding for Cost-Effective Implementation of Updated Building Energy Codes, which also addresses workforce development.