Effective workforce development starts with the recruitment and hiring process, and extends through successful integration of a new employee into your company. It takes strategy and commitment to find new people and successfully onboard them into your company and culture.
But, new hires who know the rules, expectations, and opportunities at your company are more likely to become successful team members.
To help in the recruitment and onboarding process, this New Hire Toolkit contains guidelines, articles, and checklists surrounding employee hiring, orientation, paperwork, safety training, reviews, skills training, and mentoring and career development to set your new employees up for success.
Check out these resources to get started
MOST EFFECTIVE EMPLOYEE RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION STRATEGIES
(from 2022 Industry Pulse survey responses)
- Increased pay
- Bonus and incentive programs
- Good training
- Flexible work options
- Word of mouth
- Local advertising
- Expanded benefits
- Company culture
Insights from NGA Magazines
- 8 Tips to Deal with the Labor Shortage
- Speak to the Next Generation of Manufacturers
- Address DEI and Racism to Improve Recruitment and Retention
- Want Women in Your Workplace? Be Flexible.
- Make Work Cool Again
Download new hire paperwork templates to keep you organized
- Reference Check Form
- New Hire Checklist
- Interview Evaluation Form
- Smartbrief Employee Handbook
- Sample Announcement to Staff
Find in-depth articles to learn about effective workforce development and training
Train and Educate Your New Employees Well
MyGlassClass.com Online Training
- Sign up for the MyGlassClass.com Intro to Glass & Glazing Trade Package, which includes:
- History of Glass
- The Float Glass Manufacturing Process
- Introduction to Glazing Practices
- Glass and Metals 101
- Basics of Architectural Aluminum
- Basics of Sealants
- Basics of Insulating Glass Units (IGUs)
- Basics of Storefronts and Entrances
- Basics of Curtain Wall
Glossary of Glass and Glazing Terms
- Make sure your employees know what they're working with. Download NGA's Glossary of Architectural Glass & Glazing.
Consider enrolling new glaziers in an apprenticeship program
NGA offers Glazier Apprentice Curriculum for organizations and companies that want to establish a glazier apprenticeship program approved by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). Students who complete the curriculum will earn a jointly endorsed NGA/NCCER credential indicating a journeyman-level minimum competency reached through knowledge and performance. NGA is not an apprenticeship program provider or administrator.
NGA Provides More Resource Toolkits
Get more information on our publications