MFG Day, formerly known as Manufacturing Day, events continue throughout the month
The NGA recognizes MFG Day, formerly known as Manufacturing Day, being held on October 1. Organized by The Manufacturing Institute, MFG Day is a national event held annually on the first Friday in October with events that continue throughout the month.
MFG Day helps show the reality of modern manufacturing careers by encouraging thousands of companies and educational institutions around the nation to open their doors to students, parents, teachers and community leaders. MFG Day empowers manufacturers to come together to address collective challenges to help their communities and future generations thrive.
NGA is pleased to share some of its resources relevant to manufacturing:
Glass Processing Automation Days (GPAD), March 29-31, 2022, Nashville
Glass Technical Papers for people considering a career in glass manufacturing:
- Benefits of Decorative Glass in Daylighting Applications
- Products for Energy Applications
- Recyclability of Architectural Glass Products
- Security Glazing
- School Security Glazing
- Bird-Friendly Glass Design Strategies
- Coastal Glazing and the Turtle Codes
- Describing Architectural Glass Constructions
- Construction Site Protection and Maintenance of Architectural Glass
- Recommended Applications for Heat-Treated Glass
- GANA Glazing Manual
- Protective Glazing Manual
- Commercial Fenestration Systems Manual
- Glass & Glazing Estimating Essentials Manual
Are you participating in MFG Day? Share how you’re supporting the advancement of modern manufacturing using #MFGDay21 on social media. Follow @MfgDay on Twitter for more information.