The NGA Installing Committee met on March 5 during the BEC Conference. Installing Committee Chair Matt Kamper of Woodbridge Glass and Vice Chair Joey Aragon of Aragon Construction led the meeting.
Updates on Activities in Progress
- The draft Frameless Shower Enclosure Design and Installation Manual is under peer review and is expected to be published later this year.
- Thermal Bridging AIA presentation for architects based on the NGA Thermal Bridging Design Guide
- Updates of Division 8 Specifications in cooperation with Deltek.
- Updates to the NIBS Whole Building Design Guide.
- Development of tools to promote implementation of high-performance glazing.
- Promoting proper cleaning instructions for installed glass, including Spanish translation.
- Peer review of recommended setting block locations.
- New task to update the 2009 NGA Fabrication, Erection and Glazing Hours Manual.
The next in-person meeting of the NGA Installing Committee will be at the Glazing Executives Forum during GlassBuild America, October 31-November 2 in Atlanta, GA. If you would like to join the NGA Installing Committee or volunteer for a task group, please contact Amber Johnson.