NGA is proud to announce the publication of the updated GANA Glazing Manual, International Year of Glass (IYOG) Edition. NGA’s GANA Glazing Manual is recognized as the definitive source of information in the glass and glazing industry.
NGA's GANA Glazing Manual
This comprehensive manual describes primary and fabricated glass products, quality standards, design considerations, general and specific glazing guidelines and glazing in hazardous locations. NGA’s GANA Glazing Manual is often cited as the “must read” publication for anyone new to the industry and the reference resource for glass and glazing veterans.
Glass in buildings serves many purposes, often simultaneously, to enhance the comfort and protection of occupants. Improvements and new products and applications continue to impact the built environment, and these are reflected in this newest edition.
New sections in the IYOG Edition include sustainability, recyclability, physiological benefits, vacuum insulating glazing (VIG), daylighting and biophilia, glass protective barriers, glass in photovoltaic applications, and bird-friendly glazing.
“NGA’s GANA Glazing Manual is the essential reference manual for everyone working in the glass and glazing industry,” says Urmilla Sowell, NGA Technical Services & Advocacy Director. “The IYOG Edition highlights the many functions of glass in buildings as a key material to address energy performance initiatives, human comfort and security, as well as health benefits to building occupants and the animals that share our environment.”
Available in Print and Digital Formats
NGA’s GANA Glazing Manual is available to purchase in hard copy or downloadable formats in the online NGA Store as follows:
Hard copy (plus applicable s&h fees):
- $69.95 NGA member
- $139.95 nonmember
- $64.95 NGA member
- $134.95 nonmember
Task Group Members
NGA thanks the task group members who helped make the update of this manual possible.
- A. William Lingnell, Lingnell Consulting Services
- Aaron Thompson, Viracon
- Abel Macias, GE Silicones
- Adam Mitchell, Agnora, Inc.
- Bobby Chestnut, McGrory Glass
- Brett Jones, Manko Window Systems
- Casey Anderson, ICD High Performance Coatings
- Cassandra Sharpe, Larson Engineering, Inc.
- Chuck Knickerbocker, Technical Glass Products
- Chuck Wencl, Viracon
- Darrell Smith, International Window Film Association
- David Cooper, Vacuum Glass, LLC
- Dave Evans, Guardian Glass
- Denise McMahon, Roschmann Steel & Glass Constructions, Inc.
- Denny Troyan, Global Security Glazing
- Devon Bowman, Technical Glass Products
- Diana San Diego, Safti First
- Dirk Schulte, Roschmann Steel & Glass Constructions, Inc.
- Gus Trupiano, General Glass International
- Helen Sanders, Technoform
- Ivan Zuniga, Kawneer Company
- Jason Fisher, Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope
- Jeff Haberer, Trulite Glass and Aluminum Solutions
- Jeff Nicholson, ICD High Performance Coatings
- Joey Aragon, Aragon Construction
- John Bush, General Glass International
- John Mayfield, Tremco
- Jon Griggs, Guardian Glass
- Jon Kimberlain, Dow
- Jon Weir, J. A. Weir Associates
- José Colón, Intertek
- Julia Schimmelpenningh, Eastman Chemical Company
- Katrina Stafford, Administrative Management Systems, Inc.
- Kayla Natividad, Pilkington North America, Inc.
- Kevin Norcross, Vetrotech Saint-Gobain
- Kevin J. Wisniewski, Larson Engineering, Inc.
- Kyle Blais, Momentive Performance Materials
- Lisa Heschong, Heschong Mahone Group
- Lucas Brooks, Gardner Glass Products, Inc.
- Marc Deschamps, Walker Glass Co.
- Matt Kamper, Woodbridge Glass, Inc.
- Matt Manning, Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope
- Melissa Szotkowski, Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope
- Michael Hammond, Vitro Architectural Glass
- Michael Saroka, Goldray Glass
- Rachel Schulz, Larson Engineering, Inc.
- Raymond Roy, Guardian Glass
- Richard Wright, Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope
- Robert Carlson, TriStar Glass, Inc.
- Steve Austin, 3M
- Stanley Yee, Dow
- Steven Marino, Vitro Architectural Glass
- Thomas Zaremba, Roetzel & Andress
- Tim Moore, W. A. Wilson & Sons, Inc.
- Tim Greene, Isoclima Specialty Glass, LLC
- Todd Kister, Intertek
- Tom Culp, Birch Point Consulting
- Travis Hoover, Intertek
- Tyler Campbell, Linel Signature
- Vaughn Schauss, Kuraray America, Inc.