This month, as part of NGA's continued support and celebration of the International Year of Glass 2022, we’re spotlighting how glass can contribute to building occupant safety and energy conservation in the model building codes.
NGA is actively involved with standards and codes bodies including the International Code Council, ASTM International and ASHRAE, among others, to promote and defend the use of glass in the built environment. NGA's Urmilla Sowell, Tom Culp, Thom Zaremba and Nick Resetar hold leadership positions and represent the glass and glazing industry in the International Code Council, ASHRAE 90.1, ISO International Standards Organization, PAWS: Partnership for Advanced Window Solutions, National Green Building Standard, ASTM and ASC Z97.
Building Codes and Standards Updates
NGA provides quick links to the latest news in Glass & Glazing Building Codes and Standards from our Advocacy and Technical Updates page. You'll find:
- The latest updates on Energy Conservation Codes Structural, Fire and Safety Codes and Green Codes.
- The latest updates from the ASHRAE 189.1 committee, which also forms the technical basis for the International Green Construction Code (IgCC).
- The latest update on the Version 7.0 Energy Star Specification for Residential Windows, Doors and Skylights.
Building Code Webinars
Access on-demand webinars for free including these codes webinars.
NGA Resources on Building Codes
- Alignment in ASHRAE 90.1 and IECC New Glass Technical Paper
- Manual - Guide to the Glass & Glazing Requirements of the Model Building Code
- NGA Members Only Codes & Standards Help Center
Get involved in codes and standards development and resources by joining a committee or task group. Learn more and get involved.